13 When you were dead in your sins and in the circumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
(Colossians 2:13-15 HCSB)
1.The totality of our deadness.
There is no such thing as “Sorta Dead.”
2. The totality of His forgiveness
- Forgiveness is not excusing.
- Forgiveness is not earned.
- Forgiveness is not exclusive.
- Forgiveness is exchanging.
3. The totality of His sacrifice.
For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God, after being put to death in the fleshly realm but made alive in the spiritual realm. 1 Peter 318
4. The totality of His victory.