- Perspective (Verse 14)
For there is no permanent city for us here on earth; we are looking for the city which is to come.
- How do you see your marriage partner? (Also see verse 5)
- How do you see your money?
- How do you see your future? (Also see verse 8)
- How do you view your enemy?
- Worship (Verse 15)
Let us, then, always offer praise to God as our sacrifice through Jesus, which is the offering presented by lips that confess him as Lord.
- Worship that is not sacrificial is just an event and a bad one at that!
- Worship requires an investment.
- Worship requires confession.
- Service (Verse 16)
Do not forget to do good and to help one another, because these are the sacrifices that please God.
(Also see verse 2)
- Submission (Verse 17)
Obey your leaders and follow their orders. They watch over your souls without resting, since they must give to God an account of their service. If you obey them, they will do their work gladly; if not, they will do it with sadness, and that would be of no help to you.
- In the home
- In the church
- In the workplace
- Prayer (Verse 18)
Keep on praying for us. We are sure we have a clear conscience, because we want to do the right thing at all times.
- Reliance (Verse 21)
May the God of peace provide you with every good thing you need in order to do his will, and may he, through Jesus Christ, do in us what pleases him. And to Christ be the glory forever and ever! Amen.