Forgiveness is not…
- Approving it
- Enabling it
- A one time event
- Forgetting it
Choosing not to forgive is choosing to live backwards.
Forgiveness frees up the energy it takes to bear the burden of anger indefinitely.
Because God has forgiven all our sins, we should not withhold forgiveness from others.
The Perfect Forgiveness of Jesus
- Forgive them all (I John 1:9)
- Cast them into the sea (Micah 7:9)
- Take them away (Isaiah 6:7)
- Cover them up (Psalm 32:1)
- Blot them out (Acts 3:19)
- Put them away (Hebrews 9:26)
- Remember them no more (Hebrews 8:12)
Whom have you harmed?
Who has harmed you?
Are you willing to give forgiveness a second chance?