A couple of years ago, I had some equipment for sale and this guy messaged me and asked if I would want to sell it for some Bitcoin. He started explaining it. The words he used were English but my brain could no more process the sentences than it could process Mandarin Chinese. Back then, I hadn’t even heard of bitcoin and the more I looked into it the more confused I got! It was defined as a type of digital currency in which a record of transactions is maintained, and new units of currency are generated by the computational solution of mathematical problems, and which operates independently of a central bank.
It sounds like a cross between monopoly money and my 9th grade algebra that I had to take twice. A totally bogus proposition if you ask me. And the other part about being operated outside of a central bank sounds like you are working for a part of the mob or you are buying groceries with 1990’s Pokémon cards. I was totally not interested. The only transaction I ever made that came close Bitcoin was buying some throw pillows for my wife with PayPal. Even then I was nervous. PayPal sounds like that buddy you owed milk money to in the 3rdgrade.
But there is a currency that’s outside a central bank that married couples use all the time: BlissCoin.BlissCoins are those investments we make in our spouse that lead to the marital bliss we seek. You may not know about BlissCoin but if you’re marriage you already use it. It’s worth a lot and it’s pretty easy to invest.
- Remembering and planning way ahead for special dates will get you about 10 BlissCoins. Pretty Sweet!
- Cleaning up your six-year-old’s vomit of the hardwood floor: 30-3000 BlissCoins, depending on how squeamish your spouse is.
- Guys, for your wife, really listening to her without looking at your phones is an easy 5 BlissCoins.
- Listening without getting defensive as she shares a hurt you caused can gain you 20 BlissCoins. Be carful here, if you can’t do this, it might just land you in the BlissCoin Doghouse and the accommodations are awful!
- Saying I love you first, 2 BlissCoins.
- Showing you love him or her, at least 8 BlissCoins.
- Praying with your spouse? Well, it’s hard to calculate, but it’s in the thousands.
This matrimonial exchange system varies from couple to couple but it’s always wise to invest in BlissCoin. When you invest in your marriage the interest accrues throughout your life and besides, you might do something really dumb and having the BlissCoins is a handy thing to have around.