- We wait on Him, but O how often He must wait on us!
- Train your mind to believe supernaturally and life will burst forth in faith that is both mysterious and definitive
- God is big enough to handle your gigantic doubts
- Dash your envy against the rock and there you will find peace in Your brokenness
- I am often too fearful to pray because of the monster of disappointment. But all fears subside with the words- Our Father
- How will we step into holiness without entering the closet?
- Each believer will find her voice in prayer different than her friends… just as different as her fingerprints.
- When we meditate on God intention and distraction are muted by perspective
- Prayerfulness is awareness of the presence of the Creator.
- Often in my prayer life I perceive that God is waiting for me to stop talking so He can speak.
- Meditating on God is a settling of the daily internal conflict that is insidious in modern life.
- He remains hidden from the arrogance of human ideology and cultural doctrine
- We can never speak wholly of God for none of us know him wholly. There’s always something new. Little of it will fit on your bumper
- Seeking God is not knowing about God. It is knowing Him. It’s personal not merely theological.
- Meditation on The Father is not merely an intellectual pursuit
- In spiritual midnights you can find true intimacy with God if you let go.
…looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2 NKJV
Jesus writes a book. Though many debate the genre, it is a love story from cover to cover. Christ is at the center. No other personality shines brighter that the Hero of the Gospel. Often the bride is unfaithful, choosing other personalities and recreations but His voice has never been stronger as He calls out to anyone who is weary of all the noise and chaos.
Selfishness and fear- the crises
The Fall- the setting
The Spirit- our wise sage.
The Climax- He is coming soon.
Why this story? Joy
What is the price of such a novel? The blood of the Son.
Message for me. Maybe for you too.
I will sing of the loving-kindness of the Lord forever. I will make known with my mouth how faithful You are to all people. 2 For I said, “Loving-kindness will be built up forever. You will make known how faithful You are in the heavens.”
Thanking God that the song doesn’t end. Nothing can stop the rhythm and meter of this melody. Death, separation, doubt and despondency are no match for the strong and unchained sound of God’s grace. It has passed through ages of war, pain, oppression, bondage and unthinkable holocaust and yet the sound is steady and strong. It is tall enough to reach the heavens and powerful enough to break the bounds of oppression. It was sung as a dirge on a cruel cross on a Friday but returned as a dawn-breaking, triumphant wakeup anthem on Sunday. Thank You God that the song never ends.
“Our longing to know who we really are—which is the source of all our discontent—will never be satisfied until we confront and accept our solitude. There we discover that the truth of our belovedness is really true. Our identity rests in God’s relentless tenderness for us revealed in Jesus Christ.”
Lord, I pray that you will help me completely identify with Your saving grace that covers me.